Skip to Content



CSE Federal Credit Union looks forward to assisting you and answering your questions; however, some of our most frequently asked questions are answered here for your information!

Please select the subject matter to view questions and answers.


Q: What is CSE's Routing Number?

CSE's Routing number is 241274459.


Q: How do I schedule an appointment?

There are times where we can take walk-ins for loan applications or to open an account but these typically fill quickly – you may want to consider scheduling an appointment. In order to schedule an appointment, you can do so by calling our main line at 330-452-9801 or online with our scheduling widget. You can access our online scheduling service here.


Q: Are my deposits insured?

  • Your savings accounts are insured up to $250,000.00 and IRA accounts are also insured up to $250,000.00 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NCUA is an agency of the federal government.
  • CSE also provides an additional $250,000.00 of insurance through Excess Share Insurance at no additional cost to the member.
  • That means that your funds at CSE are insured for at least $500,000.00 per qualifying account.

Q: Who regulates credit unions?

The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulates federally-chartered credit unions like CSE. Credit Unions are subject to much of the same consumer regulations as other financial institutions. In some cases, such as investments and mortgage lending, credit unions must adhere to more strict regulations.


Q: Why do I need a savings account? I just wanted a loan.

Your savings account establishes your membership with the Credit Union. Once your savings account is opened, you may apply for any other service or loan product we have to offer.


Q: How do I change my address?

  • You are able to update your address within eBranch. Once in eBranch, go to the 'Self Service' dropdown and click 'Preferences'. Click on the 'Contact Info' tab. Once there, find the 'Home Address' information and update accordingly.
  • Other options include submitting a letter by mail or stopping in to any branch.
  • NOTE: If you were going to mail the address change you would need to provide your name, account number, new and old address, and please include the date and your signature. Please send the request for your address change to:

CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave. N
Canton, OH 44714


Q: What is the difference between my balance and my available balance?

All of our members maintain a share in the credit union of $5.00. This stays in your savings throughout the life of your account. The balance represents the amount in your account including shares and check holds. The available balance is the actual amount that you may withdraw from your account.


Q: Where do I send a loan payoff?

Payoffs can be completed at any branch or mailed to:

CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave N
Canton, OH 44714


Q: Where can I get a free credit report? is a centralized service for consumers to request free annual credit reports. It was created by the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

Courtesy Pay

Q: What is Courtesy Pay?

Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual overdraft protection service that we offer to our members with eligible share draft (checking) accounts. As long as you maintain your account in good standing, we may cover non-sufficient fund items up to your approved limit of $400. We will charge our standard overdraft fee of $25. You are then required to bring your account to a positive balance for at least one full business day within the next 30 calendar days.


Q: What is the difference between Automatic Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay?

Automatic Overdraft Protection:
CSE transfers funds from a linked savings account to cover transactions that make your checking account negative.

Courtesy Pay:
If there is not enough in a linked savings account to cover a negative transaction, CSE may cover transactions up to your $400 limit, including the standard $25 overdraft fee.


Q: How can I receive Courtesy Pay for ATM withdrawals and Debit Card purchases?

In order to receive Courtesy Pay for Debit Card transactions, simply let us know that you want to Opt-In to Courtesy Pay for your debit card. There are no applications or credit checks, and you can Opt-Out at any time by contacting us.

Opt-In to Courtesy Pay for ATM and Debit Card transactions


Q: If I use my Courtesy Pay, how long do I have to bring my account into balance?

It is best to bring your account to a positive balance as soon as possible. In order to keep your CSE account in good standing, you have 30 days to pay any overdraft and associated fees. Your account balance must remain in the positive for at least 24 hours before utilizing Courtesy Pay on a future transaction.

Depending on the situation, we can ask for repayment at any time. Any deposit made automatically or by you will first be applied to any overdrawn balance and associated fees.


Q: Is there a cost for Courtesy Pay?

There are no fees to have Courtesy Pay available on your account. If you use Courtesy Pay you will be charged our standard overdraft fee of $25 for each non-sufficient item as described in our Courtesy Pay Policy. The charges associated with Courtesy Pay are also in our Schedule of Fees.

Members may also request to 'Opt-Out' of Courtesy Pay at any time. Simply stop by an office or call 330-452-9801 and request that Courtesy Pay be removed.


Learn more about Courtesy Pay.
"What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees"

Automatic Overdraft Protection

Q: What is Automatic Overdraft Protection on my Checking account?

  • Automatic Overdraft Protection transfers funds from another account at CSE to cover debits that would have taken your Share Draft account negative. The accounts that can be setup to transfer funds out of are Regular Share and any other “Special Savings” accounts.
  • Club Accounts and Share Draft Accounts cannot be used as Draft Protection Accounts
  • Regular Share Accounts are not able to have the Automatic Overdraft Protection
  • There is no fee if the funds are transferred by the system
  • This is not the same as Courtesy Pay
Debit Mastercard

Q: Can I have a debit/ATM card if I have a savings account?

Unfortunately no, you would need to open a checking account to receive a Debit Mastercard. Another option is to get a CSE Reloadable Debit Card that you can load, use, reload and reuse as often as you would like.


Q: What is the daily limit for purchases and withdraws on my Debit Mastercard?

There is a security limit of $2,500.00 on purchases and an ATM withdrawal limit of $500.


Q: What is the ATM Hold policy?

Deposits made through the ATM may have a hold on them of up to 3 days.


Q: Are there fees for using my Debit Mastercard to make a withdrawal?

If you are using a CSE Federal Credit Union ATM, a CO-OP Network ATM or an Alliance One Network ATM there are no ATM Surcharge Fees. For any non-CSEFCU, Non- CO-OP Network ATM or Non-Alliance One Network ATM there is a $0.50 fee charged by CSE, plus any additional fees that the ATM owner may charge.


Q: Are there fees for using my Debit Mastercard to make a purchase?

There is no fee from the Credit Union to perform transactions made with merchants in the United States. A Foreign Transaction fee may apply if card is used for any transaction at a merchant outside of the United States.

Additional fees may apply if your Debit Mastercard is opted into the Courtesy Pay program and a transaction pulls your account into the negative.


Q: If I am traveling, should I contact CSE if I plan to use my debit card?

It is always a good idea to let CSE know if you plan to use your debit card while traveling to another state or country. This helps us determine if a charge looks fraudulent.

Debit Cardholders also have the ability to manage their card, location settings, set travel alerts, turn their card on/off and more by using the CardNav by CO-OP app.


Q: When will my renewal card come in the mail?

Your Debit Mastercard is valid through the end of the month of the expiration date, but you should receive the new card within the first 3 weeks of the month it expires in. If you have not received the card by the 20th day of the month of expiration, it would be a good idea to contact the Credit Union.


Q: What happens if my card is kept by an ATM?

CSE's ATM's do not capture and keep cards. If a card is found and returned to CSE, we destroy the card, as we cannot ensure that the card hasn't been used maliciously. It is also possible that the card information has been compromised by someone.


Q: How can I change my PIN for my Debit Mastercard?

You are able to change the PIN by calling 1-866-762-0558.


Q: How can I dispute a transaction?

Please contact the Credit Union at 330-452-9801.


Q: How can I report my CSE Debit Card lost or stolen?

Please call as soon as possible at 330-452-9801 or 1-866-273-3281.

Visa Credit Card

Q: How long after my card is ordered does it take to come in the mail?

Our CSE Visa credit card usually takes 7 to 10 business days to arrive by mail.


Q: How do I activate my new Visa?

To activate your CSE Visa, please call 888-691-8661.


Q: What determines the rate of interest on a CSE Visa credit card?

The fixed rate is determined by your credit score.


Q: When are payments due?

Your Visa payment is due on the 16th of each month. If you miss your payment due date, CSE's Visa cards do have a 10-day grace period.


Q: How can I make a Visa credit card payment?

  • You can make a payment online at eBranch, in person at any office, or by calling CSE at 330-452-9801.
  • Payments can be mailed to:

CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave N
Canton, OH 44714


Q: How can I access my CSE Visa credit card online?

You can access MyCardInfo from within e.Branch (click the "Access MyCardInfo" link next to your card).

CSE's Fee Schedule

Fee Schedule
Effective as of July 1, 2019

Draft Transaction ChargesFee Amount
Share Draft Check PrintingPrices vary depending on selection
Check Copy Fee$2.00
Share Draft Account Balancing (per hour)$10.00
Account Research Fee (per hour)$10.00
Stop Payment Fee (share draft or ACH)$25.00
Counter Checks (per sheet of 4 checks)$5.00
NSF Transaction ChargesFee Amount
Overdraft Privilege Fee (per incident)$25.00
NSF Return Fee - Share Draft & ACH$25.00
ATM Transaction Charges (per transaction)Fee Amount
There are no per transaction charges for members using the CSEFCU ATM / Debit Mastercard in a CSEFCU ATM, CO-OP ATM, or Alliance One Network ATM
At non-CSEFCU / non-CO-OP / non-Alliance One ATM machines (fees for deposit, withdrawal, transfer or inquiry)$0.50
Debit Mastercard EMV Card Replacement Fee$10.00
Visa ChargesFee Amount
Visa Monthly Late Fee$25.00
Copy of Visa Statement$5.00
Visa Replacement EMV Card Fee$10.00
Add Authorized User$15.00
Loan ChargesFee Amount
Loan Late Fee$25.00
Satisfaction of Mortgage$38.00
Subordination of Lien$75.00
Miscellaneous ChargesFee Amount
Incoming Wires$10.00
Domestic Wires (Outgoing)$20.00
International Wires (Outgoing)$50.00
Official Check Fee (one free per day, then)$1.50
Money Order Fee ($1,000 maximum face value)$1.50
Stop Payment Fee - Official Check / Money Order$25.00
Void Official Check / Money Order$10.00
Converting an ON-US to Corp Check$25.00
Returned Deposit Item Fee$25.00
Statement Reprint Fee$2.00
Dormant Account Fee (monthly)$5.00
Reopen Account Fee$25.00
Undeliverable Mail$5.00 per item
Visa Gift Card$2.95
Pre-Paid Debit Card$2.95
Canadian / Foreign Deposit ItemCost (currently $25.00)
Early Account Closure (within 180 days)$5.00
ACH Origination Changes$5.00
Rush Fee - Debit / Credit Card$30.00
Garnishment / Levy / Subpoena$25.00
Escheat Fee$50.00
Under Par Fee$5.00
Non-Member Coin Machine8.00%

Still Looking for Your Answer? Get in Touch.

DO NOT send us Account Numbers, Social Security Numbers, Pin Numbers or Driver's License Numbers via e-mail! E-mail is not a secure way to send us that type of information.

  • Denotes required fields

Aa Aa Aa