CSE Federal Credit Union looks forward to assisting you and answering your questions; however, some of our most frequently asked questions are answered here for your information!


Please select the subject matter to view questions and answers.


Are my deposits insured?

  • Your savings accounts are insured up to $250,000.00 and IRA accounts are also insured up to $250,000.00 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NCUA is an agency of the federal government.
  • CSE also provides an additional $250,000.00 of insurance through Excess Share Insurance at no additional cost to the member.
  • That means that your funds at CSE are insured for at least $500,000.00 per account.

Who regulates credit unions?

  • The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulates federally-chartered credit unions like CSE.  Credit Unions are subject to much of the same consumer regulations as other financial institutions. In some cases, such as investments and mortgage lending, credit unions must adhere to more strict regulations.

Why do I need a savings account? I just wanted a loan.

  • Your savings account establishes your membership with the Credit Union. Once your savings account is opened, you may apply for any other service or loan product we have to offer.

How do I change my address?

  • To change your address you would either need to submit a letter by mail, stop in at any branch, or call CSE at 330-452-9801. 
  • If you were going to mail the address change you would need to provide your name, account number, new and old address, and please include the date and your signature.  Please send the request for your address change to:
CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave. N
Canton, OH 44714

What is the difference between my balance and my available balance?

  • All of our members maintain a share in the credit union of $5.00. This stays in your savings throughout the life of your account. The balance represents the amount in your account including shares and check holds. The available balance is the actual amount that you may withdraw from your account.

Where do I send a Loan payoff?

  • Payoffs can be completed at the branch nearest you or mailed to:
CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave N
Canton, OH 44714

Where can I get a free credit report?

  • AnnualCreditReport.com is a centralized service for consumers to request free annual credit reports. It was created by the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

Overdraft Protection

How do you qualify for Overdraft Protection?

  • Checking Account has been open for 90 days
  • $400.00 or more being deposited for last 3 consecutive months
  • All Credit Union accounts are in good standing
  • Accounts that do not qualify for ODP are Business, Trust, and Payee Accounts
  • Overdraft can be limited to one account per household.

Can Overdraft Protection be removed?

  • Yes, Overdraft Protection is a privilege. It may be removed for the following reasons:
    • Deposits stop posting to account
    • Account staying negative for 30 days or not staying positive for 24 hours
    • Debits being returned as NSF
    • Account going over ODP limit
    • Member files bankruptcy
    • Accounts not in good standing (i.e.. past due loans, Visa, or other collection issues)

Draft Protection

What is Draft Protection on my Checking account?

  • Draft protection transfers funds from another account to cover debits that would have taken your Share Draft account negative. The accounts that can be setup to transfer funds out of are Regular Share and any other “Special Savings” accounts.
  • Club Accounts and Share Draft Accounts cannot be used as Draft Protection Accounts.
  • Regular Share Accounts are not able to have the Draft Protection.
  • There is no fee if the funds are transferred by the system.
  • This is not the same as Overdraft Protection

Debit Cards

Can I have a debit/ATM card if I have a savings account?

  • Unfortunately no, you would need to open a checking account to receive a Debit Master Card.

What is the daily limit for purchases and withdraws on my Debit MasterCard

  • There is a security limit of $2,000.00 on purchases and an ATM withdraw limit of $400.

What is the ATM Hold policy?

  • Deposits made through the ATM may have a hold up to 3 days.

Are there fees for using my Debit MasterCard to do a withdrawal?

  • If you are using a CSE Federal Credit Union ATM or an Alliance One Network ATM there are no ATM Surcharge Fees. For any non-CSEFCU or Non-Alliance One Network ATM there is a $0.50 fee charged by CSE, plus any additional fees that the ATM owner may charge.

Are there fees for using my Debit MasterCard to do a purchase?

  • There is no fee from the Credit Union to do any purchase. 

If I am traveling, should I contact you if I plan to use my debit card?

  • It is always a good idea to let CSE know if you plan to use your debit card while traveling to another state. This helps us determine if a charge looks fraudulent.

When will my renewal card come in the mail?

  • Your Debit MasterCard is valid through the end of the month of their expiration date, but you should have the card within the first 14 days of the month it expires in. If you have not received the card by the 15th it would be a good idea to contact the Credit Union.

What happens if my card is kept by an ATM?

  • If it is at one of the CSE Branches you may go inside and we will be able to return the card to you. If it is at another financial institution you will more than likely have to have the card deactivated and a new card issued.

I received a call about fraud on my Debit Master card.

  • You may receive a call if a transaction is believed to be fraudulent from the Credit Union Fraud Monitoring Department.
  • Please note: CSE will never ask you for personal information over the phone on a call initiated by us; we already have it. Never give out personal information over the phone unless you initiated the call and know and trust who is on the other end.

How can I change my PIN for my Debit MasterCard?

  • You are able to change the PIN by calling 1-866-985-2273

How can I dispute a transaction?

  • Please contact the Credit Union at 330-452-9801.

Can I place a stop payment on an ATM Debit?

  • Once the authorization is given for a Debit Card purchase it is not possible to place a stop payment, you would have to dispute the transactions.

How can I report my CSE Debit Card lost or stolen?

  • Please call as soon as possible at 330-452-9801 or 1-800-523-4175


How long after my card is ordered does it take to come in the mail?

  • Our CSE Visa credit card usually takes 7 to 10 business days to arrive by mail.

How do I activate my new Visa?

  • To activate your CSE Visa, please call 866-985-2273.

What determines the rate of interest on a CSE Visa credit card?

  • The fixed rate is determined by your credit score.

When are payments due?

  • Your Visa payment is due on the 16th of each month. If the 16th is on a weekend or holiday it would be due the following business day.

How can I make a Visa credit card payment?

  • You can make a payment at any branch, using e.branch, the CSE Visa website, or by calling CSE at 330-452-9801.
  • Payments can be mailed to:
CSE Federal Credit Union
1380 Market Ave N
Canton, OH 44714

How can I access my CSE Visa credit card online?

  • MyCardInfo will allow you to view your balance and statements.
  • If you have not used the service before click Enroll Now! to create your account.

If I am traveling, should I contact CSE if I plan on using my CSE Visa?

  • It is always a good idea to let CSE know if you plan to use your Visa credit card while traveling. This helps us determine if a charge looks fraudulent.

How much can I withdraw as a Cash Advance?

  • Your Visa credit card will allow a Cash Advance of up to half of the credit limit. For example, if you have a credit limit of $1,000 you can only take a Cash Advance up to $500.

How can I setup a Balance Transfer?

  • You may stop in to any branch or complete the Balance Transfer form. Please drop the form off at any branch, fax, or mail it to CSE.
  • Remember, there is no fee to do a Balance Transfer.

What is my Visa PIN?

  • To have a PIN issued for your CSE Visa, please call 888-891-2435.

Why was my Visa declined?

  • If your Visa was declined, please contact the Credit Union at 330-452-9801.

How can I cancel my CSE Visa?

  • If you were wishing to cancel your VISA Credit Card you may stop into any branch or mail a letter. If you were mailing a letter to close the card you would need to include your Visa Credit Card number, Name, Address, Phone Number and reason for closing card. Please sign and date the letter. You must pay off any outstanding balance on the card before you close it.

I received a call about possible fraud on my account, is this legit?

  • If you received a call about fraud on your CSE Visa, it was probably a legitimate call. These calls are a part of our Visa program that are triggered if there is a change of pattern in your Visa usage. These calls are for your protection. If you do not feel comfortable about the call, please let the credit union know.
  • Things to remember about these calls are: 1) the caller should only be verifying transactions on the Visa account, and 2) you should never be asked to give out personal information about yourself or the card.

CO-OP Shared Branching

What is CO-OP Shared Branching?

  • CO-OP Shared Branching is a national and international network of credit unions that allow members of other credit unions to use their branches to conduct basic teller transactions at over 4,100+ locations.

How can I see a list of participating credit unions?

  • By going to the CO-OP Shared Branching website and using the zip code of your location, or by using the CSE App on your smartphone and clicking the CO-OP Shared Branching icon.

To take advantage of this service, when you enter a shared branch you only need to bring:

  • Your home credit union's name.
    • CSE Federal Credit Union in Canton, Ohio
  • Your account number
  • A valid government-issued photo identification - i.e., State Driver's License, U.S. Passport, etc.

What can you do at a CO-OP Shared Branch location?

  • Cash and check deposits can be done, but with non-payroll checks there is usually a two business-day hold.
  • Withdrawals
  • Loan Payments
  • Transfers between accounts that fall within your member number.
  • Purchase money orders, travelers checks, and official checks.*
    • *May not be available at all locations.

Term Share Certificates

Do you have rates on your webpage?

Is there any monthly or annual fees related to opening or having a Term Share Certificate?

  • There are no fees related to opening or having a Term Share Certificate, unless you withdraw the funds early.

If rates increase/decrease when I have a Term Share Certificate does my Term Share Certificate rate change?

  • No, the rate will not change. Once a Term Share Certificate is opened, it is at the fixed rate for the term that was selected.

Is there an early withdrawal penalty?

  • If your account has an original maturity of less than 180 days, the penalty we may impose will be 90 days of interest and may reduce the principal of your certificate.
  • If your account has an original maturity of more than 180 days, the penalty we may impose will be 180 days of interest and may reduce the principal of your certificate.
  • Fees posted to accounts may reduce the earnings on the account.

When is the dividend paid?

  • The dividend is paid the last day of the month and the day of maturity.

When the Term Share Certificate matures, is there a grace period?

  • Once a Term Share Certificate matures, you have 10 calendar days to withdraw or transfer the funds without incurring a penalty. If the Credit Union is not informed, the Term Share Certificate will renew at the same term and current rate.

What do I need to do at the end of the term?

  • Please contact the Credit Union at 330-452-9801 or stop in to any branch.


Does e.Branch cost anything?

  • There is no charge to use e.Branch.

The Accounts, Transactions, Personalize and Help drop-down menus are not working.

  • When you put your mouse on the headings Accounts, Transactions, Personalize and Help and no box drops down then you may need to update your web browser or Java.

How do I change my email address online?

  • Once you are logged in, you will go to "Personalize", then "Preferences". Next, select the "Contact" tab, input your new email address, and finally click Update to save your email address.

Why can I not see my e.Statements?

  • If you just signed up for e.Statements, it will not show up until the next time statement files are processed. When a new e.Statement is available, an email will be sent to you.
  • If you have received e.Statements before, but are now having trouble viewing them, please update your Adobe Reader to the latest edition.

Text Alerts

What phone number do alerts come from for CSE's Text Alerts?

  • Text Alerts from CSE come from a short code: 22144.

Why am I not receiving Text Alerts from CSE?

  • Confirm that Short Code Messaging is enabled. Certain providers regulate messaging of short codes. If your phone number meets any of the below conditions, you will need to contact your provider to verify that your phone number is enabled to receive SMS from short code:
    1. Pay as you go number.
    2. Any number that was a pay as you go and is now on a standard plan.
    3. Any number that is or was used by a business in the past.

Short Code Messaging is enabled, but I am still not receiving text alerts

  • Some providers have specific issues with short codes.
  • For example, T-Mobile has a default content filter set. In order to remove the content filter set, you must specifically call T-Mobile and authorize the specific short code number.

If you have further questions that are not answered in this FAQ section, please don't hesitate to give us call at 330-452-9801, or send us an email.