The Canton School Employees Federal Credit Union, now known as CSE was founded in 1938. The credit union was founded by forward thinking individuals who believed that by joining together they could provide common people, just like themselves, sound financial services at reasonable costs. From humble beginnings with a ledger book, cigar box, and a teacher’s desk drawer, the credit union began to grow. The same principle that inspired our founders in 1938 is the same philosophy that governs how we do business today.
CSE started out serving the employees of Canton City Schools. We soon added the employees of North Canton City Schools, Malone University, Stark State College, and the Stark County District Library. In the early 80’s the employees of the Canton Christian Home joined. After the passage of H.R. 1151 (The Credit Union Membership Access Act) in 1998, membership began to grow rapidly.
From its modest beginning, the credit union has grown substantially. It has been strengthened over the years by the loyal support of its members. In 2003 we were honored when the National Credit Union Administration granted CSE a Community Charter. With the new charter, we are able to make credit union membership available to people throughout Stark County. This is especially beneficial in helping to fulfill our plan of serving the underserved within our community.
It's the credit union model that common people pool their resources together to provide sound, reasonably priced financial services for themselves and other members. At CSE Federal Credit Union it is an idea that works!
CSE continues to be member owned and operated, unlike most of the banks in our area. The headquarters of CSE is located at 1380 Market Avenue North in Canton, which also serves as our operations center. In addition, we have offices located in North Canton (6879 Whipple Ave. N.W.), Lake Cable (5414 Fulton Dr. N.W.) and Meyers Lake (1235 Whipple Ave N.W.).